A little tip: how to use Quicksilver to look-up words in Tiger’s Dictionary app.
First install and configure the software:
- Install Tiger and Quicksilver
- In Quicksilver’s preferences, install the “Services Menu Module”
Then, whenever you want to look-up a word in the dictionary, do this:
- Summon Quicksilver (usually with ⌘ + Space).
- Type “.” to start typing into the variable input field.
- Type or paste the word you want to look-up and then tab to the next pane.
- Start typing “dictionary” until “Look up in Dictionary” is active.
- Press return.
At this point the Dictionary application should launch and try to find your word.
If you’ve made it to here you might enjoy Merlin Mann’s Quicksilver tips at 43 Folders and John Gruber’s in-depth tips about invoking the Dictionary at Daring Fireball.
Published at 5:27 pm on August 22nd, 2005.
Topics: GTD Mac